CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday 5 January 2010

Cosy afternoons,candlelight and cakes!



What can a girl do when the scene from her window resembles a shaken up snowglobe, the 'to do list' cannot be done,an evening out with the girls is cancelled due to the afore mentioned snow and frankly the brand new year is just not happening.
She puts on her prettiest pinny,sweeps back her hair into a makeshift chignon,bestows a handful of kisses on the cutest little daughter...........and bakes! Yes indeed,in the silly raspberry painted kitchen,dotted with candles and Ella Fitzgerald singing 'They cant take that away from me' They mix,they spoon,they wipe flour from their noses and for a little while all that Heaven allows reigns over the little house surrounded by snow.

I never professed to be a domestic Goddess......but if the pinny fits.....

3 comments:

  1. Yum!!! Pass me one of those yummies! :-)
    &&& I love your adorable red checked cannisters.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an absolutely wonderful day. And those cakes look divine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My muffins/buns never get iced as OH is diabetic but yours look so cute. I'm glad the snow is gone fell in Gosforth on the 8th and hit a metal bollard with my chin.... It still hasn't knocked any sense into me. Love your blog x

    ReplyDelete