CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday 13 June 2010

Text



I am a huge poetry fan as you know and you may have noticed I have posted a few poems by the contemporary poet Carol Ann Duffy,who is of course Poet Laureate,she writes of life and of love in a language that is simple yet profound and often her poems deeply resonate with me.This week after a little splurge on Amazon,I became the owner of 'Rapture' by the delightful Ms Duffy,it is a collection of love poems,described by 'The Times' as "Brilliant,beautiful and heart-aching" I couldnt put it better myself! and my choice to share with you today? for its simplistic beauty............Text.


Text.

I tend the mobile now
like an injured bird.

We text,text,text
our significant words.

I re-read your first
your second,your third.

look for your small xx
feeling absurd.

The codes we send
arrive with a broken chord.

I try to picture your hands,
their image is blurred.

Nothing my thumbs press
will ever be heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment