CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday 12 March 2012

On falling in love........



Every now and then Dear readers,I fall madly,completely and unashamedly in Love.It stops me in my tracks and causes my shaky little heart to do somersaults.And the object of my feverish desires? The written word.A line in a book,a poem discovered on a blog,a song heard on the radio,all have the ability to make me smile or make me cry...or make or break my day to be honest,and yet I hunger for these little gems,always have and I guess I always will.The need for me to find beautiful words is as essential to me as wearing clothing,without them I am naked.On a daily basis I am hunting down little snippets of wisdom to cut out of newspapers and magazines,often carrying them around in my purse all day like a lucky talisman,believing those words have been sent to me by a kindly universe,who surely senses every one of my hearts longings and provides me with such signs? Serendipity.
And so it was at the weekend,whilst browsing at the local flea market,the very first thing I spotted was a vintage Grays pottery saucer with wording around the inside,I bought it for pennies,a saucer sans cup is quite worthless.Except to me,for in the space left by the cup I saw the perfect home for a little lavender and geranium candle,whilst whispering to me with its words of wisdom,a gentle reminder that I am what I am,I do as I do and this life is what it is.......
The script says ;

"When this you see remember me.
And bear me in your mind.
Let all the world say what they will.
Speak only as you find"

3 comments:

  1. its not often I'm in totally utterly and 100% agreement with someone!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my. You have no idea how much these words mean to me. Well actually you probably do. Bless the universe that delivered them to you.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Gena..........love this saucer ,a priceless gem for pennies .i think it actually found you .I love quotes,saying phrases and even inspirational words that tug the heart strings ,and i visit often a site called i can read were people upload sayings,photos artwork etc of words.I have tried to attach a link i hope it works .Go take a peep and enjoy .
    Happy Mothers Day for tomorrow sweetheart hope you have a lovely day .Both my lovely girlies are home for the weekend ..........:-)

    http://icanread.tumblr.com/page/2

    Hugs Debbie
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete